Men who have been affected by prostate cancer might worry what the current Covid- 19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic means for their health. We have collated a list of research-validated resources from partner organisations that we trust. Please don’t hestitate to contact the APC if you are a current patient and need advice. We also recommend that prostate cancer patients speak with their GP or treating specialist regarding any specific concerns.
APC is currently open and treating patients as per usual. Telehealth appointments are available for most consultations. Please call reception on (03) 8373 7600 to discuss your options.
We want to thank the APC community for respecting and following our COVID-19 hygiene and screening measures at the Centre.
- Upon arrival, we are screening all patients at reception for any flu-like symptoms and checking if they have recently returned from overseas travel.
- Standard hygiene regulations apply in regards to hand hygiene, coughing and sneezing. You will notice signage around the Centre advising you on how to observe these regulations.
- We practice physical distancing in our waiting rooms – you will be asked to keep a safe distance between yourself and other patients.
- Our doctors and nurses are observing strict hygiene measures and are wearing protective gear including facemasks.
- Where possible we are asking patients to wait in the lobby or carpark – reception will call you when your doctor is ready to see you
We are asking ALL patients who are symptomatic to reschedule their appointment.
APC does not offer Coronavirus testing – if you feel unwell please follow the guidelines surrounding suspected cases as advised by the Chief Health Officer.